Choosing A Safety or Security Film
Benefits of Safety Films:
• Specifically designed for protection against accidental breakage, or smaller impact situations.
• Holds glass in place on impact, preventing dangerous flying glass shards.
• Johnson’s Safety films are perfect for residential windows.
• Available in clear as well as solar control shades to block heat, UV rays and glare.
Benefits of Security Films:
• Security films offer superior glass hazard mitigation, and are best utilized for windows subject to severe glass threats such as bomb blasts, earthquakes and hurricanes.
• Thicker design helps hold glass together at higher impact situations.
• Suited for government buildings plus communities in high-risk hurricane (e.g. Florida) and earthquake (e.g. California) areas.
• Only available as a clear film.
What Types of Windows Need Film?
Similar to Solar Control films, make sure to avoid high risk film applications that could lead to potential glass breakage. Applying a Safety or Security film to a Dual pane glass with over 25% shading can cause undue stress to the glass. Additionally, stay away from glass that is too thick (over ?”) or too large (over 60 sq. feet). If they break, the replacement cost will be expensive.
|© 2009-2014 Johnson Window Films, Inc. Carson, California USA|